Target the Most Popular Areas of the Body for Liposuction
When diet and exercise fail to achieve the desired results, liposuction can remove excess fat from different areas of the body. As one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery, our doctors have years of experience treating popular areas of the body with liposuction at Tijuana Bariatrics in Tijuana, MX. This common surgical procedure removes stubborn fat deposits, transforming the patient’s appearance and confidence.
Here, we discuss common areas of the body that can be treated with liposuction.
An Overview of Liposuction Surgery
Our doctors will administer either local or general anesthesia before the procedure. Then, we will create small incisions within the treatment area. We will insert a suctioning device called a cannula into the incisions to pull excess fat out of the body.
Candidates for Liposuction
This cosmetic procedure could be right for you if you are within about 20 to 30 pounds of your goal weight. It is also important that you be in good overall health and not pregnant or nursing. Check with our doctors to see if any medications you are taking could disqualify you from undergoing liposuction.
Common Treatment Areas
While liposuction can be performed on various areas of the body, certain areas of the body can be treated with greater success, including:
- Stomach: As the most popular area for liposuction, treatment in this area can create more contoured abs. After patients lose weight, the abdomen can be a stubborn stronghold for fat. Also, after pregnancy, many women are unable to lose the excess stomach fat, even though they have returned to their pre-pregnancy weight.
- Thighs: This area is especially problematic for women. Despite diet and exercise, fat settles in this area. Although this procedure can be performed on the inner thighs, our doctors often focus on treating the outer thighs, since thicker skin usually means better results.
- Below the chin: The dreaded double chin affects men and women as patients age and fat builds up in this area. Treating this area with liposuction can help patients appear years younger.
- Upper arms: Diet and lifting weights is not enough to eliminate fat deposits in this area of the body, especially for female patients. Liposuction can help women achieve the sculpted arms they have always wanted.
- Sides: Also known as the love handles, the flank is the area between the ribs and the hip that commonly harbors unattractive deposits of fat. Often this area does not respond to efforts of diet and exercise.
- Breasts in male patients: Sometimes a hormonal imbalance in men called gynecomastia causes fat development in the breast tissue. Although this condition does not have serious medical consequences, gynecomastia can shatter a patient’s confidence. Liposuction is the only way to eliminate fat in the breast tissue of male patients.
Transform Your Appearance with Liposuction
If you have lost weight with diet and exercise but still are unhappy with your appearance, our doctors can help you love the way you look. To find out more about liposuction, call our office at 877-759-0739 or contact us online anytime.