If you are considering increasing the size of your bust, the doctors working through the Tijuana Bariatrics network in Monterrey and Tijuana, Mexico, can help you understand the full range of breast augmentation benefits. General benefits include improved confidence and a more balanced, proportionate figure. Saline and silicone also offer unique advantages for the right patients.
What Benefits are Available?
Because breast augmentation is not a medically necessary procedure, choosing to undergo the surgery is a deeply personal decision. Whether the treatment is right for you will ultimately depend on your personal goals and expectations.
Breast augmentation typically has a very high rate of patient satisfaction.
When making that decision, there are a number of benefits that patients should take into consideration. These include greater effects than just an increase in bust size:
- Improved symmetry: For many women, there can be a noticeable difference in size between the breasts. An augmentation can effectively improve symmetry.
- Immediate results: While the full result can take several weeks, you will be able to see effects of the augmentation immediately following surgery.
- Rejuvenated shape: By adding curves and definition to your silhouette, a breast augmentation can help reclaim size and firmness that have been lost to pregnancy or aging.
- Greater self-confidence: Because the breasts are considered such a huge part of a woman’s identity and sexuality, feeling dissatisfied in your bust line can have far-reaching implications. For many patients, a breast augmentation can result in greater confidence in their appearance, which can have a positive impact on both social and professional activities, as well.
Breast augmentation typically has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. However, a patient is more likely to be happy with the result when they have realistic expectations. For example, an augmentation only increases breast size and will not combat the effects of sagging unless it is combined with a breast lift.
Saline vs. Silicone
If an augmentation seems appropriate, you will also need to decide on the type of material you want. Saline and silicone each offer unique benefits:
Saline Breast Implants
- Affordability: Filled with a saltwater solution, saline implants typically cost considerably less than silicone.
- Faster recovery: The saline solution is inserted after the implant has been placed. Consequently, your surgeon can insert the implant through a much smaller incision and the overall recovery time is reduced.
- No side effects from ruptures: While a saline implant will require replacement if it is damaged, the body can naturally absorb any saline that escapes with no side effects.
Silicone Breast Implants
- Natural to the touch: Because silicone is a soft, malleable material, it closely mimics the look and feel of natural breasts. To further enhance texture, woman may choose to have the implants placed under rather than over the muscle, which often feels more natural, as well.
- Decreased chance of rippling: Rippling can cause an unnatural appearance. This type of implant is less likely to ripple than saline.
Discover the Treatment Benefits for Yourself
If you are dissatisfied with the size of your bust, the doctors working within the Tijuana Bariatrics network can help you find the right type and size for your goals. Reach out online today or call (800) 308-3607 to schedule an appointment and learn more.