Juan Pedro Fernandez Robles, MD, FACS
Tijuana Bariatrics only coordinates care with experienced, credentialed surgeons who provide safe and effective bariatric surgery.
That is why Juan Pedro Fernandez Robles, MD, FACS has been welcomed to Tijuana Bariatrics' preferred provider network.
Take a look at how Dr. Fernandez in Tijuana, Mexico, can help you live a healthier life through gastric bypass and other procedures.
Meet Dr. Fernandez A Surgeon Who Can Help You Reclaim Your Health
Dr. Fernandez is a board-certified bariatric surgeon in Tijuana who has performed and assisted more than 6,000 bariatric surgeries. He graduated from the University of Guadalajara, Jalisco, one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country. He has been performing bariatric surgery since 2012.
Dr. Fernandez is committed to helping patients improve their health and quality of life through weight loss surgery and technologically advanced care. That is why he takes part in regular continuing medical education in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery.
If you need to achieve weight loss and are considering bariatric surgery, Dr. Fernandez can provide the care you need. His vast medical experience makes it possible for him to provide an exceptional level of care to each patient, whether they are in need of gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, or other weight loss surgeries. As a patient of Dr. Fernandez, you can expect a caliber of care that benefits both your physical and mental health.
Dr. Fernandez's Active Memberships
- FELLOW OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS (FACS)
- CONSEJO MEXICANO DE CIRUGIA GENERAL (CMCG)
- ASOCIACION MEXICIANA DE CIRUGIA ENDOSCOPICA (AMCE)
- INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION FOR SURGERY IN OBESITY (IFSO)
- COLEGIO MEXICANO DE CIRUGIA DE OBESIDAD Y ENFERMEDADES METABOLICAS (CMCOEM)
Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
August 2001 – June 2007
Centro Escolar Campo Grande
September 1998 – July 2001
Centro Escrolar Campo Grande
September 1995 – July 1998
Pregrade Rotatory Internship—Centro Médico “Dr. Ignacio Chávez” ISSSTESON
August 2005 – July 2006
Undergraduate Internal Medicine
Social Service—Centro de Salud Rural Bahía De Kino SSA
August 2006 – July 2007
Social Service Physician Intern
General Medicine Practice—Secreatriade Centro de Salud Rural Bahía De Kino
October 2007 – April 2008
Contract General Physician
Coorin Estatal de Telemedicna—Secretaria de Salud Sonoran
April 2008 – July 2008
State Program Coordinator
Comision de Salu Fronteriza—Comision Binacional de Salud Fronteriza
July 2008 – October 2008
Head of Office Headquarters, Nogales, Sonora
Government Health Program Director—Dirección General de Servicios de Saludala Persona - SSA
October 2008 – February 2009
Operational Director of the Health Caravans Program
Surgery Residence (Post-Graduate)—Universidad Nacional Automade Mexico
March 2009 – February 2010 General Hospital CD. Obregon
March 2010 – February 2013 Hospital General Del Estado de Sonora “Dr. Ernesto Ramos”
Sub Specialty in Bariatrics and Metabolic Surgery (Post Graduate)—Hospital Angeles Tijuana. Director Dr. Juan Anonio Lopez Covala. Coordinator Dr. Fernando Guzman Coordero.
March 2015 – February 2016
Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatrics Course
Institutional Surgical Practice
Centro Medico Dr Ignacio Chavez—ISSSTESON Hermosillo Sonora
February 2013 – March 2015
IMSS Clinica 14 y Clinica 2—IMSS Hermosillo Sonora
Emergencias Medicas Privadas—Sistema Integral de Administacion Medica Siam Hermosillo, Hermosillo, Sonora
February 2013 – February 2016
Universidad de Navarra—Clínica Universitaria, Pamplona, España
July 2004 – October 2004
- Basic CPR Course and Blue Code taught at the “Dr. Ignacio Chávez” ISSSTESON May 27 & 28 2004. Hermosillo, Sonora.
- X Medical Update Modular Course February 21 and 28, March 6 and 13, 2004. Guadalajara, Jalisco. 30 credit hours.
- Medical days of the XXIX anniversary of the Regional Hospital “Dr. Valentín Gómez Farías” on February 12, 13 and 14, 2004. Guadalajara, Jalisco. 24 credit hours.
- Basic CPR and Code Blue course on June 30 and July 1, 2005. “Dr. Ignacio Chavez” Hermosillo, Sonora.
- III Medical Conference Medical Center “Dr. Ignacio Chávez” May 21 and 22, 2004. Hermosillo, Sonora.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Support. Basic CPR and Code Blue Course April 2006. Hermosillo, Sonora.
- Mechanical Ventilation Workshop. Medical Center “Dr. Ignacio Chávez” February 3 and 4, 2006. Hermosillo, Sonora.
- State Congress of the College of Surgeons of Sonora A.C. San Carlos, Sonora May 28, 29 and 30, 2009.
- International Congress of General Surgery XXXIV. October 24 - 29, 2010. Guadalajara Jalisco.
- American College of Surgeons. Life Support Course in Trauma. ATLS. General Hospital of the State of Sonora. April 2011.
- American College of Surgeons. 97th Annual Clinical Congress. San Francisco, CA. October 2011.
- American College of Surgeons. 97th Annual Clinical Congress. San Francisco, CA . October 2011.
- IFSO LAC Congress OF Metabolic Surgery. Los Cabos Baja South California. July 2015.
- American College of Surgeons. 100th Annual Clinical Congress. Chicago, IL. October 2015.
- Obesity Week Los Angeles California. November 2015.
- XXV Congress of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE) Boca de Rio, Veracruz. May 2016. Active Member.
- Active member of the Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases
- American College of Surgeons. 101th Annual Clinical Congress. Annual Congress. Washington DC. October 2016.
- CMCOEM Annual Congress. Playa del Carmen, Mexico. June 2017.
- IFSO (International federation of Surgery in Obesity) World Congress. London, England. August 2017.
- American College of Surgeons. 102th Annual Clinical Congress. Annual Congress. San Diego, California. October 2017.
Medical Investigation Area
- Member of the Research Club and Scientific Method for the Development of Protocols at the Autonomous University of Guadalajara 2005.
- Active member of the U.A.G. Student Society. 2001- 2007.
- English: Fluent in written and spoken English. Institutional TOEFL approved. (610 pts.)
- Portuguese: Language school. University of Sonora.
A Surgeon With the Skills to Benefit Your Health
Dr. Fernandez has performed and assisted more than 6,000 bariatric surgeries.
Why Many Americans Travel to Tijuana For Weight Loss Surgery and Other Medical Treatments
Bariatric surgery and other medical care in the U.S. is prohibitively expensive. Many Americans who need to achieve weight loss in order to safeguard their health but are either uninsured or don't qualify for insurance coverage are turning to medical tourism for an affordable solution.
Fortunately, Tijuana Bariatrics makes medical tourism a safe and effective means of affording care. Tijuana Bariatrics can coordinate a surgical approach to weight loss, such as gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, or a revision surgery, for long-term success at a price you can afford.
During an initial consultation that includes a review of your health history and your goals, you can learn why so many turn to Tijuana Bariatrics for weight loss surgery procedures like gastric sleeve and gastric bypass. Tijuana Bariatrics looks forward to providing a medical solution with significant health benefits, and care by surgeons like Dr. Fernandez with expert surgical training.
A plastic surgeon with the medical skill to enhance your health is just a call or email away.